“To be EFFECTIVE you must be SELECTIVE!” Mark has been sharing this mantra with his clients for months. In today’s episode, he and Darren show that by being selective about your techniques, your content, and your delivery, you can prepare and present with power. They provide 8 specific ways to be selective, which, when applied, will serve your audiences well as you deliver your unforgettable presentation.
- To be effective, you must be selective
- Choose the best time to use dialogue
- Reaction tells the story. Decide when to use action rather than words
- Use VAKS and a few relevant details to describe characters and scenes
- Quotes should be used rarely and wisely
- Defend your slides!
- Let your stories audition their way into your presentation
- Select the best content for each specific audience