There’s nothing like delivering your first paid speech or taking your first flight to deliver an ‘out-of-town’ presentation. Today Darren and Mark speak with fellow professional speaker Ed Tate about lessons they learned from their career ‘firsts’…both good and bad…that will guide you along your journey to becoming unforgettable.
- Don’t underestimate the value of your first paid speech
- Don’t be afraid to push back when someone tries to undervalue your work
- Prepare thoroughly for your first opportunity
- Firsts involve risks; be willing to take them
- Your first failure hold lessons for you and your audience