It’s easy to assume that training and keynote speaking are the same. They’re not. Today Mark and Darren are joined by fellow Certified Speaking Professional and World Champion Ed Tate as they examine 4 critical differences between the two presentation methods. Understanding and mastering these differences will help you to be unforgettable.
- Keynoters inform and inspire, trainers close skill gaps and change behaviors
- Keynote: I inspire you. Training: I show you how
- Beware the illusion of learning
- Stories are to keynotes what instructions are to training
- Keynoters must practice stories, trainers must practice activities
- Learning takes place in the debrief
- Have an improv/unplugged mindset