“I never planned on a career in the world of public speaking”, says UK-based Simon Bucknall, speaker/author/trainer/consultant serving prestigious universities like Oxford and Cambridge as well as advising leaders of major corporations and private equity companies. Today he shares with Darren and Mark how an abysmal failure inspired him to master his craft and propelled him into the world of public speaking. He also expounds on the simple but successful techniques that have endeared him to his audiences, and which can make you unforgettable.
- Be vulnerable and dig deep to tell your stories
- All you need is one WOW moment to be unforgettable
- Create a circle of trust, people whose expertise you value
- Talk TO your audience; don’t present AT them
- Never confuse the written with the spoken
- Revisit memorable moments and you will find the unforgettable