The lights go out in the middle of your presentation. Your tech fails right before you start. You have 15 minutes to deliver your 1-hour speech. Your audience inexplicably gives you blank stares during your entire presentation. Darren and Mark connect with Certified World Class Speaking Coach Mike Davis, and Hall of fame speaker Jim Cathcart to discuss methods for dealing with the unexpected. Knowing how to respond when it all goes wrong will help you to be unforgettable.
• Fix what you can, acknowledge what you cannot
• When it all goes wrong, be the calmest person in the room
• Use improv to prepare yourself to adjust in emergencies
• Focus less on your inconvenience and more about serving your audience
• When it all goes wrong, it may not be your fault, but it’s your responsibility