“I don’t deserve to be here. They will find out I’m not as good as they think I am.” If you’ve ever had that thought, you could be facing Imposter Syndrome. Maureen Zappala, author, speaker, and Imposter Syndrome expert, explains this psychological pattern to Darren and Mark, and lays out proven principles to help us overcome. These principles, properly applied, will help us to own our value, and confidently deliver our unforgettable presentations.
- Imposter Syndrome is ‘thought-process distortion’
- It strikes most in seasons of change and transition
- Don’t internalize failure and externalize success
- Beware the Dunning-Kruger effect, thinking TOO HIGHLY of yourself
- Keep a file of compliments from others, read it and believe it
- Know what you’re good at and acknowledge your value
- Go on a spiritual journey